So this doesn't have to be something spiritual.  It can be funny or other kinds of mindless.  Ok it can be spiritual, too.

Views: 540

Replies to This Discussion

Haven't watched too much TV today or yesterday, but the day before I watched a lot of Ancient Aliens on the History Channel.  I thought I might be coming down with something, so I just tucked in and rested and watched TV and slept.  So far, so good.

I would like to go see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I don't know if I'll get there today.  I read all 3 of the books last winter and enjoyed them, despite the violence.

Been watching episodes & re-runs of The Big Bang Theory lately.   It's silly, often ridiculous, but sometimes true!  And it always makes me laugh.

If anyone goes to see Cloud Atlas this weekend, please let us know what you think.  I'm intrigued, but I don't know if I'll have time this weekend to go see it.

I watched a movie last night on Netflix called The River Why.  It's one that Netflix labels, "understated".  I guess I like movies like this.  There's a lot fly-fishing in the movie.  I didn't think I'd get into that, but it's really just the backdrop, like the scenery, which was incredibly beautiful.  It's a "thinking movie", too, despite the romantic elements, but not the kind of thinking you do for murder mysteries or preachy morality tales.  Just philosophizing about the great mystery called Life.  Something gives me the idea that there might be a few folks on here that enjoy that kind of thing.  ;-)

Two cool videos I saw today :)

I saw two movies over the weekend: The Tree of Life with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, and The Awakening, a ghost story set in 1921 England.  The Tree of Life was really something, existential, very visual and trippy.  The Awakening  was a good old-fashioned ghost story.   I can recommend both.

Glanced at the QOTD (Quote of the Day) so I decided to watch: The Hogfather - Terry Pratchett

:)

Hog Father is one of my favorites. Mandatory for Christmas.

Your link failed for me... hmmm 

Joe and I watched Cloud Atlas last night, again.  It was only my third time seeing it, and I posted what my brief thoughts were as a discussion here.  I am reminded of the comment we always made on Sunday nights when our youth group met to discuss the Saturday night movies we all went to.  In the end, "It's all symbolic."  Will this inform my work week?  We shall see.

I watched two movies last night.  Yeah, I just decided I needed some down time.  I watched The Darjeeling Express and after that Death at a Funeral, the 2007 version, directed by Frank Oz.   Both were good.  The second was my favorite.  Very funny.

This morning . . . . . . .

My latest enthusiasm on TV is Sons of Anarchy.  I simply love this show - even though I'd like to wring their necks, REGULARLY!    Ugh.   Talk about making bad decisions!   I've watched all the back episodes, and now must content myself to watch once a week when the current episode comes on, but there's also a whole bunch of neat stuff on the internet about the actors, interviews, etc.    It's just mindless fun.

Speaking of which, I spent most of Saturday puttering around the house, doing laundry, cooking, etc. while watching romantic comedies &/or romantic dramas on Netflix.   Had to get my quota of fluff.  It was a fun day! :-)   

RSS

Search Theosophy.Net!

What to do...

Join Theosophy.Net Blogs Forum Live Chat Invite Facebook Facebook Group

A New View of Theosophy

About
FAQ

Theosophy References

Wiki Characteristics History Spirituality Esotericism Mysticism RotR ToS

Our Friends

© 2024   Created by Theosophy Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service