The other day a friend of mine shared the following youtube.com "best-of compilation" of 2012 claims titled "2012 DECEMBER 21 AND BEYOND-WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN !"

I responded as follows:

Dear xxx,

Be prepared for a post-2012 disappointment and hang-over. Nothing much will happen, except the necessary exposure of those New Agers who got on the 2012 bandwagon with either fanciful interpretations of science, monetary motivation or because of misguided hopes for change.

It sounds to me what the Republican pollsters did before this year's US presidential election. They were over-optimistic about Romney's chances both out of misguided hope, but also to influence the outcome by creating a hopefully self-fulfilling prophecy.

Maybe some people will indeed change, but many are getting in a panicky mode and the concern is that similar tragedies might happen when the comet Hale-Bopp passed by and a group of very misguided people thought they had to be saved by exiting the earth through suicide. There is also concern that this nonsense is affecting children.

And if you still believe it, maybe dark New World Order forces are setting up the New Agers for a debilitating embarrassment. This line of reasoning is an extrapolation of the idea that the 1987 Harmonic Convergence, which can be seen as foreshadowing the 2012 craze, was set up by the fallen ones according to our old friend, the New Age guru and prophet Elizabeth Clare Prophet. If so, it has to be interpreted as karmic retribution.

Meanwhile the Mayans did not disappear because they were so advanced spiritually that they shifted into a new dimension, as this lady at the end of the compilation claims, but their civilization collapsed because they abused their environment and apparently did not see that coming. So much for prophecy, of which the Mayans, btw, had no conception.

Maybe the accurate prophecy will be that 2012 is the end of the New Age as it will wake up to its own gullibility.

Please share with your people the following web site so they can make some better assessment of the situation.

Debunking the "2012 Doomsday"

Their conclusion is the following:

===

The "2012 doomsday" is a hoax, a fraud, and a con job. It is a cruel and cynical lie being promoted by scammers after money: First they scare people to death that something terrible is going to happen, then they publish books and videos on "how to survive".

These scammers want to sell their books, videos, 'survival kits', and spaces in non-existent "2012 shelters" in Antarctica (although Nancy Lieder has the right idea, and is claiming Hawaii is a 'safe zone'). They also want to divert attention from the fact that they have been wrong so many times before. It's also being pushed by people who are promoting a Hollywood disaster movie which was released in November 2009.

All of the claims of 'predictions' by the Maya, the Aztecs, the Incas, the Hopi, the Chinese (I Ching), Nostradamus, Sir Isaac Newton, Edgar Cayce, Mother Shipton are false: They did not make the claimed predictions. Predictions by others such as José Argüelles, Terrence McKenna, Nancy Leider, Mark Hazelwood and others are contrived pseudo-scientific nonsense.

There will be no sudden 'pole shift', either geographic or magnetic. There will be no 'killer solar flares'. There is no 'Photon Belt'. These are fiction. There will be no 'galactic alignment' or 'planetary alignment' of any kind, and we will not pass through the central plane of the galaxy, and even if these events were to occur, they would not cause any problems for us.

===

It looks like that in January 2013 we will have to look at more realistic understandings of the world if we really like to change it.

Govert Schuller
Naperville, December 3, 2012

Other articles to share:

In Panicky Russia, It’s Official: End of World Is Not Near

Real Mayan Apocalypse May Have Been Their Own Fault

How to talk to your kids about 2012

Debunking a New Age Myth-A Call for Discernment

Views: 274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Schuller , Wishing you a very happy and prosperous New Year , albeit a bit early . How I love the Internet !!! Watering holes where people congregate in all strength must be viewed with suspicion . Everything tends from the average to the base in such places and one treads very carefully where intelligence is clouded . , though they may appear normal these days .

I tend to side with John Maynard Keynes who when asked whether his theories were applicable on a ''Short Term'' or ''Long Term'' replied - ''In the long term we will all be dead'' !!. Great men Great truths .

I never put much stock in end of the workd prophecy.  If Theosophy rings true at all, everything is evolving and growing and there is no end, only change and growth.  So every day is the end of something and the beginning of something else.  Change is the only constant in this universe, Decemeber 21 will be n different than any other December 21 or any other dau for that matter.  There will be wars somewhere in the world. catastrophies, disease, and there will also be people helping others, compassion, spiritual growth, learning, and new discoveries.  This is how it should be.....

That's too wimpy.

I go straight to Prophetic Hard Rock.

King Crimson's  21st Century Schizoid Man

RSS

Search Theosophy.Net!

What to do...

Join Theosophy.Net Blogs Forum Live Chat Invite Facebook Facebook Group

A New View of Theosophy

About
FAQ

Theosophy References

Wiki Characteristics History Spirituality Esotericism Mysticism RotR ToS