Dear friends,

I am forwarding here the following message from Leo Bartoli, philosopher/thinker, with formal education in science, living in Vermont:

Since discovering this great thinker, J. J. Van der Leeuw, by way of his last book - The Conquest of Illusion - several years ago, I immediately realized how important it was and still is, to locate any of his surviving writings, book drafts and other thoughts, and to share them with the world.

It would be of great assistance to determine whether his remaining papers were retained by family, or perhaps the Society, or all lost with him at the time of his death.

I would also like to investigate his death, not so much how but questions like where exactly? when exactly? was his body lost or found? is there a gravesite?

Please, anything you could do would be greatly appreciated.

Van der Leeuw has gone under-appreciated due mainly to the simple fact that few are at his level to confirm his unsurpassed genius, and the value of his teachings. This should not go on as such. I've commited the rest of my days and breaths to bring his spirit back to life.

I am going to invite Leo to join the Network, so that he will be able to contact directly all those of you who can help him in his efforts.

Anton

Views: 470

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too love J.J. van der Leeuw's work. I think he'd really have to come to The Netherlands and research the Dutch theosophical archives to get answers to such questions.
Yes, I guess so. Hopefully, he will join the Network and will establish further contacts with all of you from Holland who could possibly help to arrange such fruitful visit.
He should just contact the Dutch TS. They are reachable by e-mail and write English well enough.
I, too, share in the opinion that Van der Leeuw was a great philosopher. I have read most of his books many times and have given several copies of The Conquest of Illusion to friends and family as I consider it to be one of the most profound books I have ever experienced.

I will help Leo in any way I can.
David,

Just follow Katinka's link in first reply.

It seems that my reaction to Leo Bartoli's message was too concrete as I didn't receive news from him any more.

Anton
Yes - that is, most of his work was in English. There may be some untranslated Dutch stuff about, but I don't know about that.

RSS

Search Theosophy.Net!

What to do...

Join Theosophy.Net Blogs Forum Live Chat Invite Facebook Facebook Group

A New View of Theosophy

About
FAQ

Theosophy References

Wiki Characteristics History Spirituality Esotericism Mysticism RotR ToS

Our Friends

© 2024   Created by Theosophy Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service