For many years one of the brightest lights in the Adyar TS has been the tireless work of Jean and Joe Gullo.  We have received word of Jean's passing on January 28th.

For those not familiar with the Theosophical Order of Service, there are a number of different departments, and a magazine, "For the Love of Life".  These require constant care and lots of volunteer work and for many years Jean organized and nurtured those activities.

Susan and I have the pleasure of knowing the Gullo's and while we are not active in the Tucson Study Center we recognize and honor the value of the work that Jean has performed over the years. 

We send our condolences and our warmest wishes out to Joe Gullo and the Gullo family.

Joe

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After a dozen years of Tuesday nights with the Gullo's in Tucson, I learned to be a practicing theosophist from Jean.  Study, Meditation and Service.  Though we hadn't seen too much of each other over the last few years, the Gullo's did come to our wedding, and we met for coffee about once a year, just to catch up.

The artist that is Jean, now able to see fabulous colors with clear eyes, to hear celestial music with clear hearing,  I will miss the fact that you are not here, as the world was a better place with you in it.  I will always remember your sparkling wit, your no-nonsense way of dealing with people who were not honest, or very misguided.  The night you railed against false religiousity as evidenced by celibacy will always stand out in my mind as one of the best ! 

Working for you as my editor (For the Love of Life) taught me so much.  I can never thank you enough for making me write.  As I have graduated into an "old hippie" I have used you as a role model many times.  For all the times in Wheaton and at Lake Geneva, thank you.

Jean, Jean, you are young and alive,

Your friend,

Seester Sawhereda Userve  (aka ST)

Oh, and thank you for the Golden Stairs......

BEHOLD THE TRUTH

A clean life, an open mind,
A pure heart, an eager intellect
An unveiled spiritual perception
A Brotherliness for all,
A readiness to give and receive advice and instruction,
A courage endurance of personal injustice,
A brave declaration of principles,
A valiant defense of those who are unjustly attacked,
and a constant eye to the ideal of
human progression and perfection,
which the Secret Science depicts,
These are the Golden Stairs up the steps of which,
the learner may climb to the TEMPLE OF DIVINE WISDOM.
-HPB

RSS

Search Theosophy.Net!

What to do...

Join Theosophy.Net Blogs Forum Live Chat Invite Facebook Facebook Group

A New View of Theosophy

About
FAQ

Theosophy References

Wiki Characteristics History Spirituality Esotericism Mysticism RotR ToS

Our Friends

© 2024   Created by Theosophy Network.   Powered by