Religion (66)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Giving Ones Self Over to God

The individual cannot be perfect until he has surrendered all he now calls himself to the divine Being. So also, until mankind gives all it…

Started by Joe Fulton

21 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Jessica R. Huffmeyer

A Married Jesus - Newly Found "Gospel of Jesus's Wife"

A newly released fragment dubbed "The Gospel of Jesus's Wife" has been released by the Harvard School of Divinity.   The draft of the docum…

Started by Joe Fulton

8 Dec 1, 2012
Reply by Dr. Lewis Keizer

Unity Church.

Some years ago I occasionally attended a Christian Church that taught reincarnation.It held that the "I AM" of the Old Testament related to…

Started by Paul Murchison

15 Aug 31, 2012
Reply by Paul Murchison

Pat Robertson Does it Again

Well, that never ending fount of strange comments, the fundamentalist preacher and former Presidential candidate, Pat Robertson has done  i…

Started by Joe Fulton

1 Aug 30, 2012
Reply by Al

Devotion to a personal god and Theosophy

Hi This is my first post so far, and I am really looking forward to chat with you, and hear your views on this subject. First, I want to s…

Started by Rasmus

11 Aug 18, 2012
Reply by Paul Murchison

New Thought

I'm not sure how much everyone has studied this way of thinking/movement, but I have some opinions about it and would like to hear what do…

Started by Jaakko Matti Johannes Alhola

2 Jul 31, 2012
Reply by Michael A. Williams

the source of religions

I really like all religions that condone ahimsa as opposed to 'blood sacrifice,' but it seems hard to see what the source of religions is.…

Started by David

18 Jul 31, 2012
Reply by David

SHINTOISM

Shintoism is a religion of the people of Japan and for them Emperor Akihito is a God.It means the way of the Gods.It involves creation myth…

Started by neiljan remigio

3 Mar 14, 2012
Reply by neiljan remigio

Theological Silliness From Slashdot

This discussion starts out by asking why the age of 114 seems to be a limit for humanity. While the article is interesting it is the commen…

Started by Joe Fulton

4 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by Deb

Man created twice

I got into a discussion with a Christian today who was using a literal interpretation of the bible, specifically Genesis, to justify a cert…

Started by Jon Fergus

11 Jan 29, 2012
Reply by james eric orchard

RSS

Search Theosophy.Net!

What to do...

Join Theosophy.Net Blogs Forum Live Chat Invite Facebook Facebook Group

A New View of Theosophy

About
FAQ

Theosophy References

Wiki Characteristics History Spirituality Esotericism Mysticism RotR ToS