Philosophy (62)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Existence:creation of energy

The touch, The smell, sound of life,A tiny ideal of a world in nothingness, a particle of a soul, a circle of existencea galaxy, universe,…

Started by Brandi Mitchell

4 Dec 16, 2012
Reply by Paul lee James

Critical Thinking

Interesting video on Critical Thinking. How do you chose whether or not to believe something?

Started by Joe Fulton

2 Dec 3, 2012
Reply by Hari Menon

The Bi-directional Spirituality

On a bright and sunny Sunday afternoon in New Delhi, Andrew Cohen spoke for nearly four hours explaining his theory of evolutionary enlight…

Started by Capt. Anand Kumar

21 Nov 7, 2012
Reply by Joe Fulton

Does Believing in Reincarnation (Or Any Other Post-Mortem State) Make Us Better People?

This is another case of things you think while in the shower.  This has occurred to me several times as of late. The answer always seems to…

Started by Joe Fulton

23 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Hari Menon

Tibetan Buddhist Bardo's - comparable to Blavatsky's 'devachan'?

This question is really very specifically for David and Nancy Reigle, our resident Tibetan Buddhism experts, though of course anybody else…

Started by Katinka Hesselink

34 Sep 15, 2012
Reply by Marcus Casadeus

Discusssion of the Objectivist Philosophy of Ayn Rand.

This is a follow up to the discussion previoulsy started by Joe on Ayn Rand. It is in no way connected to Joe's. I will be posting a first…

Started by Al

3 Sep 9, 2012
Reply by Al

The Long Reach of Ayn Rand

As we all know Rand's work has become an item these days. In this video from the Colbert Report, Rand student (and critic) Jennifer Burns g…

Started by Joe Fulton

6 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by David

Non attachment

How to achieve non attachment (not complete detachment)? Can anyone help me in this matter please. I need to rest my mind.

Started by Grace Allan

10 Aug 19, 2012
Reply by Paul Murchison

Questions...About Us

This is the first of a two-part discussion.  Essentially these discussions are about the same thing.  Us and how we relate to our world, wh…

Started by Joe Fulton

14 Aug 16, 2012
Reply by Joe Fulton

Questions...About Me

This is the first of a two-part discussion.  Essentially these discussions are about the same thing.  Us and how we relate to our world, wh…

Started by Joe Fulton

4 Jul 31, 2012
Reply by David

RSS

Search Theosophy.Net!

What to do...

Join Theosophy.Net Blogs Forum Live Chat Invite Facebook Facebook Group

A New View of Theosophy

About
FAQ

Theosophy References

Wiki Characteristics History Spirituality Esotericism Mysticism RotR ToS