The Theosophy Network (aka Theosophy.Net) by The Theosophy Network, Inc. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.theosnet.ning.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.theosnet.ning.com.
In addition the following Rules of the Road are considered a part of our Terms of Service:
First and foremost, posts and comments should be respectful. In keeping with this, certain kinds of comments should be avoided. These include:
1. Comments of a discriminatory or prejudicial nature: Under no circumstances should there be discrimination on bases such as race, gender, age, class, religious or political affiliation, sexual orientation or other sweeping categorical bases not listed above. Common sense should be observed when in doubt; if your comments are openly prejudicial against any group, they should not be posted.
2. Personal attacks: This category can be much broader than it seems at first glance. Obviously, there should be no name-calling or overt put-downs in our discussion. However, this rule is not restricted solely to these more blatant forms of personal attack. Please be respectful of the viewpoints of others, even if you disagree with them. We cannot all agree, but we can agree to disagree.
3. Spamming: We do not want the forums or Community to be flooded with repeated comments that simply take up space and load the forum down with redundancy. Spamming includes advertisements, but may also apply to individual comments posted repeatedly in several places unnecessarily.
4. Solicitation: The Community is meant for discussion and personal networking. Please do not use the Forum area or Blog posts to solicit money, donations, or other such services from others, or for advertising purposes.
We recognize that the nature of social networks makes them great places not only for discussion, but for promotion of one's business. In the past, our rules have strictly forbidden such activity; however, in recognition of the fact that some personal business endeavors go hand-in-hand with the spiritual topics often discussed here, we have now relaxed that policy. A Discussion Group has been created for that purpose.
5. Harassment/abuse: Many activities that fall under this heading also fall under other headings, but harassment and abusive treatment in general will not be tolerated. This includes things already mentioned, such as name calling and personal attacks, but also includes things such as stalking (following a person’s posting activity and posting abusive messages to them in many different places), personal threats/intimidation, extortion, etc.
6. The goals and aims of Theosophy.Net are laid out in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). We encourage individuals to examine the original sources and documents available for the various Religions, Philosophies and Sciences. With this in mind, we will not allow any discussion of the Theosophical Societies, HPB, her Devotees, Cosmosophies, or other organizations and religions which splintered out from her Doctrinal Syncretisms.
7. Proselytizing, billboarding and trolling: We recognize that due to the nature of much of the conversation there will be some very long postings. We also respect the fact that many people have very strong beliefs. However, at Theosophy.Net we also represent a point of view. Our focus is on an intelligent, thoughtful discourse. Billboarding, or posting material with the intent of dominating conversation, proselytizing or deliberately sowing discord is inappropriate behavior.
This includes private messages. Harassment is not acceptable just because it is not public.
If you feel that you are being harassed or treated poorly by another member through private messages on the Community, please do not hesitate to contact an administrator. The Theosophical Network Admin Team can be reached by sending a message to TheosNet@live.com.
We reserve the right to delete any content in order to bring the Community into accord with these guidelines. If any such action is taken, we will notify any concerned party and explain our reason for taking such action.
Moderators may remove content deemed offensive. Members acting against the best interest of the site may find their accounts suspended for a time, and in extreme cases removed along with all its content.
Finally, discussions may be locked under different circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
• Becoming too heated: It may be the case that a particular discussion is so controversial or touchy that the participants seemingly cannot restrain themselves from resorting to personal attacks or destructive comments. If repeated action is taken during the course of a given discussion to steer it in a more constructive direction and no positive change occurs, the thread may be locked as a last resort.
Again, whenever such action is taken, an explanation will accompany it.
Moderators reserve the right to make on-the-spot judgment calls as issues arise. We will fall back on these guidelines as we mediate any disputes that arise, but may also make decisions based on our own discretion.
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of this Network. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Network and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing this Network, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This Network is not directed to anyone younger than 18 and is offered only to users 18 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this Network represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Network:
Additionally, you agree not to:
To provide notice of alleged copyright infringement on this Network, please see the DMCA Notification Guidelines.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Network to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Network Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Network platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Network Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Network are provided by this Network's online service provider. However, the Network Creator of this Network controls the content, membership and policy of this Network, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Network. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this Network you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this Network and participation with this Network.